Everyone knows I love Christmas and I spend the entirety of the year waiting until it is acceptable to watch Christmas movies and listen to Christmas songs! So I am super happy to be watching all of my favourites!
Yet I know so many people who do not watch a single Christmas film during the holidays… shocking I know!
Anyway, here are some of my favourites and why I love them so much:
- The Polar Express – I adore this movie. It is definitely a much watch during the Christmas holidays! It is such a fun, heart-warming movie with a great story. Every year when I was in school I would have friends over to watch it before Christmas. And then as I got older it became a family thing each year! We even went to a drive-in cinema last year to watch it. I am yet to see it this year, but it is 100% on the cards.
- The Grinch – A classic Christmas movie that the entire world must see. I know there are many people who hate this film… but I am not one of them! I think the Grinch has a brilliant story behind it and not only is it an enjoyable film to watch but it teaches young ones to treat everyone with kindness, or ‘treat people in the way that you would like to be treated’.
- Grandma Got Ran Over By A Reindeer – Okay so this movie is only 50 minutes long, but it is one that I have loved since I was just 4 years old. This is a cartoon film, but it is fun to watch! It has catchy songs, a good storyline and it is full of Christmas cheer… if you have not seen this film, please find it and give it a watch!
- It’s A Wonderful Life – I am assuming this is on everyone’s list for the best Christmas movies of all time. I refuse to accept otherwise. This is such an amazing film with an incredible story, EVERYONE must watch this movie at least once.
- Elf – This also just had to make the list. I never watched this one last year, but I will definitely be watching this year! It is a comedy packed Christmas movie, full of Christmas spirit and a joy to watch.
- The Princess Switch – I recently watched this one on Netflix and I loved it. More of a romance movie than a Christmas movie, but brilliant nonetheless!
- Arthur Christmas – An animated Christmas film, perfect to watch as a family, as a couple or on your own! I really did enjoy this one, it was packed with action, comedy and festive cheer!
- The Nightmare Before Christmas – Though some people wouldn’t class this as a Christmas movie, I certainly do! It is simply brilliant and if you have not seen it, you must do so immediately.
- Miracle on 34th Street – A classic heart-warming Christmas film, full of magic and love. I can’t wait to watch this again!
Okay, enough of my Christmas favourites! I would love to know some of your favourite Christmas movies, so let me know in the comments below!
I am looking forward to watching The Christmas Chronicles on Netflix with my family this year as it looks amazing! If you have watched it, what are your thoughts?