Coming up with different date night ideas is not always easy! But it is important to remember that date nights do not always need to be a burden on your wallet; they can be cheap and cheerful and just as enjoyable as the most expensive date there is. Autumn is my favourite time of year for date nights as there are so many fun, cosy, cheap things to do!
- Movie Night – This could be turned into a full-blown money spender by going out for a meal and then going to catch a movie at the cinemas, or it could be as cheap and cheerful as curling up on the sofa under a pile of cosy blankets with all your favourite snacks or a takeaway!
- Exploring – Why not go somewhere new and spend the day exploring? I personally love visiting little villages with adorable unique shops to browse around. One of my favourite places to visit is Haworth, home of the Bronte Sisters. The cute little town has lots of little trinket shops, the Bronte Museum and beautiful scenery. It also has lovely little cafes where you can stop for delicious food and a nice hot drink.
- Indoor Picnic – Seeing as the weather is no longer suitable for outdoor picnics, why not create one inside your own home? Fire on, cosy blankets and cushions laid out on the floor, tasty homemade sandwiches and snacks, and good company!
- Shopping Trip – Can’t go wrong with a good shopping trip! Try going somewhere where you do not go to very often, and spend the day browsing stores, treating yourself and/or your loved one, having food in new places and just spending quality time together.
- Pumpkin Picking – A classic Autumn activity that can be turned into a cute date! Me and Jake did this last year at Windmill Farm and I had so much fun seeing all the animals and then picking out our pumpkins! I can’t wait to do this again this year. What made it better is that we also had a second date night when we chose to carve them!
- Make Candy Apples Together – This is a fun and playful date, you could even go apple picking to find the perfect apples for your tasty homemade treats.
These are just a few ideas for Autumn Date Nights, I am sure there are plenty more… If you have any fun date night ideas, please do not hesitate to share them in the comments below!