I have never been one for setting regular goals, but the year is reaching an end and I need to push myself out of my comfort zone a little… so I decided to make five goals to reach by the end of 2019.
- To rejoin the gym – I am very unhappy with my body, but finding the motivation and the courage to go back to the gym has been proven difficult for me. However, sitting around and doing nothing is not going to make me feel any better either! So I have decided to rejoin the gym, even if I only go once a week to start off with… it will be a step in the right direction. My fiance works out 3-4 times per week at the gym and I would love to reach that level of dedication and have as much motivation as he does one day.
- To write more blog posts – I know I am currently doing Blogtober and I am trying super hard to get at least one post published per day throughout the month… but I want to get back into writing about mental health and personal posts and reviews again. I want to fall in love with blogging again, I want to write more about the things that interest me and write more frequently.
- To engage more with social media – My social media pages have been getting a little bit neglected lately, so I would love to start posting more and start re-engaging with the friends I have made over the years as well as making some new connections!
- Reading more – As you have seen from my previous post I am planning on reading two books between now and the new year, and I am hoping to restart our online book club and actually stick to reading the books! I enjoy reading, but I never give myself the time to sit down and relax with a good book. So I suppose this also falls under self-care!
- To get back into poetry writing – I love writing poems, they come naturally to me and I find that they are often the best way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out of my system. But I have not written one in a while; so I would like to start writing them again! This is definitely a more personal goal for me, and I never share my personal poems with anyone else. They are simply just for me, as a way to relax and also a way of offloading,
Do you have any short term goals that you would like to reach by the end of the year? Share them in the comments below!