Those of you who know me, will know that each year at Christmas time, me and a group of my friends go to the Trafford Centre for a spot of Christmas shopping and for a Christmas meal at TGI Fridays! Here are my thoughts on their Christmas menu this year.
I was slightly disappointed that the Christmas menu this year did not have the Christmas Sundae starter on it! Everyone got one last year (except for me) and I was wanting to give it a try this year. However, this didn’t put a downer on the meal too much!
TGI Fridays offer a three-course Christmas meal for just £22.99!
For you starter you can choose between the following options:
- Firecracker popcorn shrimp
- Mozzarella dippers with tomato and basil sauce
- Smoked tomato bruschetta
- Sesame chicken strips with their signature glaze sauce
- Cheese nachos
- Loaded potato skins
A fair amount and a good variety to choose from in my opinion.
I chose the mozzarella dippers and they were delicious! The portion size was quite big and the cheese inside was super stringy and tasty. The tomato and basil sauce was rich in flavour and complimented the dish perfectly. I also tried one of the dippers with a little bit of their signature glaze as Jacob ordered the chicken strips for his starter, and it was amazing!
For your main course you can choose from the following options:
- Sizzling chicken served with creamy mash, vegetables, melted cheese and gravy infused with their signature glaze.
- New York Strip – 8oz sirloin steak served with fries and their legendary glaze.
- A full rack of ribs served with chips and glaze.
- Vegan burger served with chips, glaze and avocado dipping sauce.
- Warrior burger – a double-stacked beef burger with mozzarella dippers, two different types of cheese, bacon, onions and mayo served with chips.
- Cajun cream pasta – Penne pasta in a creamy Cajun sauce with fresh tomatoes, spring onions, peppers and cheese, topped with fresh rocket. You can choose between chicken and shrimp!
- Sesame chicken strips with chips and legendary glaze.
I chose to have the full rack of ribs. They were so soft and tender that they fell right off of the bones. The legendary glaze is absolutely delicious, a mixture of barbeque and jack daniels. The chips are some of the best chips that I have ever had, they are so crispy and they are already seasoned so there is no need to add extra salt. The meal was so filling, I just about managed to finish it!
For dessert you can choose from the following options:
- Cookie dough sundae – cookie dough pieces, shortcake and ice cream mixed together with chocolate and caramel sauces.
- Brownie obsession – rich chocolate brownies topped with hot fudge served with ice cream.
- New York-style cheesecake.
- Fresh fruit and orange sorbet sundae.
I chose the brownie obsession, but sadly they were out of stock! So to compensate, they allowed me to choose a different choice from their original menu, so I had a chocolate fudge cake. It was so big and the melted hot fudge was absolutely gorgeous! So unbelievably filling!
For drinks, I chose a ‘Woo Woo’ cocktail as these were £3.99 per glass when you order from the Christmas menu. It was so strong but very refreshing!
Overall I would say that the Christmas menu from TGI’s is great! The portion sizes are incredible for the price that you pay. And the quality of the food is always great there. I would highly recommend visiting the restaurant over the Christmas period and trying their three-course Christmas meal! The offer is running until the 2nd of January, but be sure to pre-book a table as I am sure it will be busy!