Today is an excuse to show some appreciation for all the wonderful books that are out there and the wonderful books to come!
So far this year me and Bella have read a combined total of 21 books!
Some of my favourite; must-buy authors are:
– Matt Haig
– Colleen Hoover
– Kathleen Glasgow
– Cecilia Ahern
I have a few books by each of these authors that are still on my TBR shelf, but I am hoping to get through some of them as the year goes on!
My favourite books of the year (so far) are:
– They Both Die in the End by Adam Silver
– Notes on an Execution by Danya Kukafka
– Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (I am dying to start the second book of this series!)
One of my all time favourite books is, All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven (So much so, that I am using this book to make confetti for my wedding!)
Some books that I am excited to read this year are:
– Yellowface by R.F Kuang – I have never read any Greek mythology before, but the synopsis of this book really caught my attention so I just had to pre-order it ahead of its release on 25th May!
– If He Had Been With Me by Laura Nowlin – This book has had some incredible reviews and it seems right up my street! This arrived in the mail with me last month and I can’t wait to dig in!
– Will You Read This, Please? By Joanna Cannon – I attended a talk with the lovely Joanna Cannon and Cecilia Ahern on Monday at our local Waterstones and Cannon mentioned that she has recently edited a collection of true stories, written by 12 different authors, about mental health. The 12 stories tell the true life events of different people with various mental illnesses. It is very rare that you get first hand recollections of such events and I am very excited to read this.
Some of my favourite authors are:
– Scarlett St.Claire
– Colleen Hoover
– Matt Haig
– Stephen Chbosky
– Tahereh Mafi
Some of my favourite books include:
– The Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan – I adore Greek mythology in general so this is a fun, feel good book series for me.
– Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller is another fantastic Greek myth book that I read last year.
– Lore by Alexandra Braken – Another Greek myth book! This book has an amazing storyline and characters that I instantly fell in love with.
– I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson – This book was so good and quite different to what I would usually read. I would definitely recommend this book and would love to read it again.
– Plain Bad Heroines by Emily M. Danforth – This is an amazing dark academia book! I had never read this genre before, but now I am hooked.
Some books that I am looking forward to are:
– Yellowface by R.F Kuang – This book is all about Athena, so it instantly grabbed my attention!
– If We Were Villains by M.L Rio – Got to love me some dark academia.
– Babel by R.F Kuang – I recently purchased a beautiful hardback edition of this book and the author has so much praise, I cannot wait to crack on!
– The Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi – I have yet to start on book 3 in the series, THERE ARE SO MANY BOOKS!
Books We Are Currently Reading:
– How to Kill Men and Get Away With It by Katy Brent
We are both reading this book together and so far we are really enjoying it! Short chapters, easy to read, great storyline… what more could you want?
– Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover (Aimee)
I am currently about 60% of the way through this book, it is so emotional and beautifully written (I would expect nothing less from CoHo!) I can’t wait to finish it.
We would love to know about some of your favourite books of the year so far and what you are excited to read in the upcoming months! Let us know in the comments below, or check out our Bookstagram stories for questions and polls throughout today! (@ReadTheUniverse_ )